I met up with Richard Thompson the design graduate who I have asked to help with posters & promotional material, after a Designers conference. Talking through Idea's I wanted to include elements of the films story & iconography such as tarot cards, graphic style, title sequence design & I wanted ot include a prop trinket I had bought for a promotional item (as well introducing it into the film). Richard picked up on the idea of havin Kal dragging Alices hand in a dark alleyway as a poster idea, I thought it was a strong image added in the idea of having tarot cards & other iconography as items or in the text of the poster. We also came to the idea of using the missing girl posters of Alice on the walls of the alleyway.
I sent a starter idea to Richard, who will refine it over the next couple of months.

To richt_biscuits@hotmail.com
From: rich white (ricardo_blanco@hotmail.co.uk)
Sent: 18 March 2011 17:15:02
To: richt_biscuits@hotmail.com
Hey dude psyched to get your design-age skills on board for promotional poster & marketing designs!
ive attached 3 instances of animated character & background tests to give you an idea of the animation styling, Ive also attached the script for the film (Fracture) for when you have a spare time to look through the story.
theres also a very quick & crappy mock up idea of a poster just to have some kind of starting point for thoughts!
I also would like to use along with the main Fracture website which will be online in a few weeks, a viral promotional website using the idea of the police investigation into the dissappearance of Alice, this would be similar to campaigns such as whysoserious.com for the dark Knight & the blair witch project. I would also like to engage street artists to draw, paint, post up & chalk fracture art around Newcastle, this would involve easily removed/ temporary art (eg chalk drawings, posters) so we would be within the limits of the law.
No comments:
Post a Comment