With the massive changes to the script we agreed on & the limited time schedule, I have been assuming the role of script doctor to make the changes to the script without having the lengthy process of another complete re-write & draft.
I have started the transition to screenplay as well adding in stage direction & camera shots.
I have sorted out the beginning (linked character relationships & created cause & motives) & ending of the story (as before neither myself andrew or the scriptwriter Adam were sure on an ending). I watched a ton of film noir, detective, & psychological thrillers, varying from citizen kane, red riding, shutter island, Luther to Life on mars. This was as reference for story, cinematography & dialogue.
Callum Hogg will then help us out with story embellishments for the 3 D.I.D. characters as they have gone through changes that require parts of their story to be re-written.
I have started a cinematography lookbook of shots, lens filter styles, lighting styles etc. In doing so I will have a clear visual reference as well as vocal reference when chatting to our cinematographer about the cinematography of Fracture's live action scenes.
I am looking at introducing an underlying layer of intrigue for viewers who are watching the story for a second or more time. I have been looking at introducing simple location, props & non-speaking character names that have links to psychological theories and practices.
No comments:
Post a Comment