26/03/2010 02:36 from me
Hey, personally I think all of these film festivals sound great, I think that whichever festival sounds best for our film we should definitely think about entering our film into it. Most importantly, I really think we should continue with this film and the ideas we had going with it, to me, we were on the right track in terms of a clear brief, a good coherent, unique idea that we can work with. I feel that if we pull it off as a project, yes, we can enter it into festivals and our final submission of work etc... But only if we pull it off... our main focus I think needs to be getting a good solid crew together, because without that, I don't think anything will work. The piece needs to be able to flow smoothly with whatever crew we get and we need a feeling of satisfaction from whoever we get as our crew as they start to create this.
So far, we've had a great overall plan of the piece, we have a basic idea of what it wants to look like and a vague idea of where it wants to go. Both of us have taken a good bit of time researching into the themes and ideas of the piece, nobody can say that it's slapdash or rushed in any way. However, yes, we should be open to improvements, but not ones that will change the piece completely. We all need to form some sort of agreement as a team, that this is the brief we work to. I don't know about you, but since coming to the decision of this form of narrative, I kind I’ve felt that everything gelled nicely. We went through many different ideas and I think this one stuck for whatever reason. It's different, using different mediums of animation, the tarot cards playing a prominent theme, using the age old psychological thriller narrative but adding the specific animation range, psychological disorder and psychic belief system can certainly make the piece unique, especially bearing in mind that this really is our first in depth piece working as a team.
Like I said before, we've got a firm idea down on paper or typed up. We can get Ian Cottage, Peter Dillon or Rob to have a read through and critique it, they should know if we’re going in the wrong direction. So, so far, let’s develop our ideas as far as we can. See you next week mate, I hope all goes well with this because personally, I think we've got something great to go at. See you next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment